Despite repeated attacks on the search engine optimization industry, from across the verticals, SEO is very much in business and will remain so. What Google and other webspam specialists are doing is separating the weed from the chaff, which was long overdue. SEO is the science of knowing what your target audience will think and type while searching for your product or service and how can you effectively can be found for those terms in the minimum number of clicks.
Why will SEO continue to remain relevant:
1. As more and more sites are coming into operation, it is getting increasingly tough to appear for your keywords. You need an expert search engine optimizer for that.
2. SEO has evolved from just being search engine specific to become user experience specific and offers whole sole online marketing solutions.
3. You don’t run a website just to showcase it as a trophy, you want it to work as hard as you do, to gain more business. You need a search engine optimizer to analyze and suggest what is going wrong and how can it be corrected.
In short, the benefits of search engine optimization can be summed as:
- Increase in web traffic
- Increase in targeted traffic
- Better engagement
- More conversion
- Reduce the spending on Online Paid advertising
Now that you know why SEO is important, let’s get started. The big question everyone faces is – How do we get to know what the visitor is thinking and even if we get to know it, how do we make sure that our website appears for those keywords in the Google top 10.
The first way to find those magical keywords is to think like a buyer, ask a few buyers, use tools like Google Adwords keywords tools and to make sure that you appear for those keywords, optimize your page according to your desired keywords and try to get some high-quality backlinks.
Off late many on-page and link building tactics have come under the scanner and Google has issued updates after updates to make sure a clean, nonbiased, nonmanipulative ecosystem is formed wherein websites who indulge in over-optimization and artificial link building gets penalized and those with natural links and optimized in accordance to Google’s terms are conditioned are rewarded.
So what exactly is required to be done? Here are some specific tips to help you combat Google’s tough algorithm and appear high in search engines for your keywords:
1. Create Responsive design websites – Websites made in Responsive web design are easy to navigate and deliver an optimal viewing experience
Less load time – Today’s user is impatient, he would hardly wait for a second or two to see your stuff. Make sure your website loads before they click the back button out of impatience. Check your page load issues here
and work on those things which are slowing down your page load speed.
3. Impressive content – Create Content that should be compelling enough to be shared, talked about, or to be linked as a citation.
4. Optimize – Optimize your meta, headers tags, interlinks, as per the keywords you want to rank for in accordance with Google’s guidelines.
5. Review and Revise – Keep a track of your progress with the help of Google analytic and keep looking for areas of improvement.